Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Complete

The Bible tells us we are complete in Him, God. With that statement, so much can be said. Today I want to focus on our prayers.

This hit me one day while reading an email from a friend. Her dad had been very sick and in the hospital. We had been praying with her about several things with her dad. He was on medicine that made him hallucinate. He had several health issues that needed God's intervention. And he was going to move to a nursing home for rehab. This particular day her email was rejoicing and listing the many things God had done, had answered her prayer about her dad. As I read it, rejoicing with her, I realized that God took care of everything in our prayer – not just one item, or two, but all of it! He completed our prayer.

Last week I was talking to another lady, rejoicing with her about an answered prayer. Now this prayer, like the other one just discussed included many things. It was a tough situation . One item in her prayer was that the truth would come out. As I listened, I realized that God answered everything in that prayer – not just one item, or two, but all of it! He completed our prayer.

I began pondering all of this. I think that we sometimes are thankful if God does one item in our prayer. I can picture God ready to move on our behalf to answer everything in our prayer. So what happens? Do we give up?

The first lady prayed a week and seen the results. The second lady had been praying about the situation for just under a year. Yes, a year. She stood strong and continued praying and believing. This past week, she seen every item answered, every item.

These ladies received a full answered prayer, not half way.

I don’t know what you are praying for today. But I encourage you to not lose faith. God can and wants to answer your prayer completely. Continue to stand firm, believing, and you will see it all come to pass. Not just one item of our prayer, but all of it. And don’t settle for just one item answered. Continue until everything is answered.

Blessings,

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment