Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thankful for...




1 Chronicles 29:13 (NIV)
Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name.

This morning on our way to school, I asked my children what they were thankful for. I think they thought it was a trick question because they were hesitant to answer. After I assured them it was not a trick question, here are some things they came up with:


· Family and friends
· House
· Food
· Clothes
· Car to ride in
· Sports to play
· Animals
· Barney (our dog)
· Our parents
· God

After I dropped them off, I continued to ponder my question to them. Besides what they listed (and they are all good and would be included in my list), what else am I thankful for? Here are a few more things:

· My husband (married 20 years now!)
· My job (especially with so many out of work today)
· The work God is doing in my life (2009 has been a Year of New Seasons at church and it has definitely been new seasons for me – doing things I have never done before.)
· Stephen’s fear of dogs has been broken (an answered prayer with the help of Barney!)
· Various people at church (you see the evidence of spiritual growth in their lives and it is so exciting!)

What about you? What are you thankful for today?

Next week we will be celebrating Thanksgiving. We truly do have a lot to be thankful for. The two lists are but a few things that I am thankful for. There is so much more that could be included. How about taking a moment to make your own list of things you are thankful for. As you are making your list, take time to give thanks to God for everything.



Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment