Thursday, May 6, 2010

God's Promises

I was taking my children to school the other day and my daughter said “Mom, look at the rainbow”. I looked up into the gray sky and there was a beautiful rainbow, well half of a beautiful rainbow. I couldn’t see the other half. As I drove a little bit further, I could see the other half of the rainbow as well. It was beautiful! It was perfect!


Seeing the rainbow reminded me of God’s promises to us. The first one that came to mind is:

Deuteronomy 31:6 (NIV) ...he will never leave you nor forsake you."

Here are a few more promises that we know:

1. He has promised to supply every need we have. "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus". Phillipians 4:19.

2. God has promised that His grace is sufficient for us. "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." II Corinthians 12:9.

3. God has promised that His children will not be overtaken with temptation. "Now unto Him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present your faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy" Jude 24.

4. God has promised us victory over death. "This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we are all witnesses" Acts 2:32.

5. God has promised that all things work together for good to those who love and serve Him faithfully. “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28.

6. God has promised that those who believe in Jesus and are baptized for the forgiveness of sins will be saved. “Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.” Mark 16:16.

7. God has promised His people eternal life. “27My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.” John 10:27,28.

8. God has promised us a Comforter. “But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.” John 14:26

2 Corinthians 1:20 (NIV) For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God.

Of course there are many, many more promises in the Bible that God has given us. What are some that you are clinging to today? I want to remind you that God will keep His promises to us. Hang in there and don’t give up!

Let’s pray. Father, we thank You for all the promises that You have given to us in Your Word. I pray for those reading this that are holding on to promises that You have given them. I pray that You will strengthen them and uphold them. I pray that You will bless them greatly! Thank You again Father for all Your promises! We love You and give You praise! In Jesus’ Name, Amen.



Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment