Friday, June 5, 2009

Precious Gifts

Today is the last day of school for my children Sarah and Stephen. Sarah has completed the 8th grade and will be moving into high school. Stephen has completed the 5th grade and will be moving into middle school. This has been a good year for both of them all around. They both played two different sports which kept us all hopping. Stephen received perfect attendance and the principal’s award for all A’s and B’s. Sarah missed one day to go to Winterfest. She received the Coach’s Award for Basketball. All their teachers had positive things to say about them – except that Stephen talks too much sometimes. Imagine that!

Sarah has become very involved in the church helping me and her dad in many ways and stepping in to cover when needed. She is already an asset to the church, as well as to her parents. She never complains about doing things and she does it joyfully. Stephen is not as involved, but he is his dad’s designated briefcase carrier and the like. And he too does not complain.

I am very thankful for Sarah and Stephen. They are truly a precious gift from God and they hear me and their dad say that every night when we pray. I want them to know that they are very precious to us and to God. Both of them love God and live their lives for Him. Now, they don’t always get along. Sometimes they do fuss with each other, but when all the fussing is over, they still love each other.

In Psalm 127:3 the bible says that children are a heritage from the LORD. Indeed Sarah and Stephen are a heritage from the LORD. I am very thankful for them. I love you Sarah. I love you Stephen. You both are my very precious gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment