Saturday, July 18, 2009

Don't Grow Weary in the Waiting Part II

Welcome back! Let's continue on the topic of waiting.

Starting about one month before my due date with my son Stephen, I was asking God to please help me deliver this child today! Every day I would ask God this. As the weeks went by, I would plead with God. My prayer in the morning would be to let this be the day I would deliver. I would beg God. I was so ready. As my due date approached, and passed, I would plead that much harder with God. I literally felt if I did not deliver that child this moment, I would burst. To be honest, I was even feeling a little "short" withGod because He had not helped me to deliver before now. I was pregnant with a promise of another child. But the end was taking entirely too long. I felt like God could have done something to bring it about sooner, but for some reason He did not. It was not time yet. After delivering my son, all thoughts of what I went through and felt while I was waiting vanished. I just concentrated on the joy of holding my promise and taking care of my promise.

The promises He gives us has to take hold and grow within us. Sometimes He chooses to bring it about immediately. But more often, we have to wait. When I was pregnant with my promise of a son, I wanted to brith that promise when I felt I was ready. I can remember feeling as if my insides would burst if I did not deliver this child right this moment. God gives us the promise. And God does the birthing of the promise. It does not always happen on our timetable. If we can get this inour spirits, it will save undue anguish, restlessness, and worry. We must come to the place that when God gives us the promise that we are at rest until He births that promise.

Now we do need to ask God what He wants us to do in the meantime. When I was pregnant, I had to take care of my body. I had to take prenatal vitamins, get plenty of rest, and eat right. I had to visit the doctor in a routine basis. There were things I had to do to take care of the promise God gave me. If I did not follow what the doctor told me to do, it could result in an aborted promise. So it is with all the promises that God gives us. We must follow His directions in getting to the "delivery day". We must have routine visits, or checkups with God. And these visits or checkups are not one sided. We can not do all the talking and not allow Him to speak back to us. We tell Him of our concerns and He tells us the answers.

I am waiting on things today. What about you? What are you waiting on? I want to encourage you to not grow weary in the waiting. Your promise, need or anything else could be just around the corner. Continue to stand strong while you are waiting. Continue to pray and read scripture. Continue to do what you know to do, what God has directed you to do. When you deliver your promise or your need is met, you will be so thankful that you did not give up while you were waiting.

A song that I recently discovered and love is about waiting. I heard it in the movie FireProof. It is titled While I'm waiting and it is sung by John Waller. Here are the lyrics:


I'm waiting,
I'm waiting on you, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord

Blessings,

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment