Friday, July 10, 2009

True Beauty

Recently a show was on TV about inside beauty. The competition involved beautiful people but the challenges were geared for the inner beauty to shine.

It got me to thinking about myself. Am I beautiful on the inside? In the mornings on the way to work I would pray “God, help me to be beautiful on the inside today.” Am I always beautiful on the inside? No I am not. But that should not stop me from striving to be that way. Are you beautiful on the inside? If not, don’t let that stop you from striving to be beautiful on the inside.

What constitutes being beautiful on the inside? Several characteristics immediately come to mind: having the Fruit of the Spirit; helping others; saying nice things; having good thoughts; loving; sweet, humility. Can you think of others? Are these characteristics evident in our lives?

In searching on the topic of true beauty, I came across the following:
· Sophia Loren says that, "Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical.”
· Ralph Waldo Emerson put it this way, "Though we search the world over for the beautiful, we find it within or we find it not."
· True beauty is having good character.
· True beauty comes from the inside.
· True beauty comes from self confidence.

The gospel singer, Mandisa, sings a song titled True Beauty. Below are some of the lyrics.

What’s inside of you, what’s inside of me?
The hands that made the moon and the stars
The mountains and the seas

Made you wonderful, beautiful, marvelously
Let the whole world see your true beauty
The whole world see your true beauty

It’s the love in your heart, the peace in your soul
The hope in your smile lets the whole world know
This little light you gotta let it shine

Let’s adorn ourselves with the inner beauty that God desires for us.

According to God's Word, "Charm can be deceptive and beauty doesn't last, but a woman [or man] who fears and reverences God shall be greatly praised." Proverbs 31:30.

Father, please help me to be a beautiful person on the inside and so live that the beauty and love of Jesus will show and shine through me. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. In Jesus' name, amen.

Blessings,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment