Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thankful for God's Love


Psalm 13:5But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.
Psalm 26:3for your love is ever before me, and I walk continually in your truth.
Psalm 33:22May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our hope in you.
Psalm 36:5Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies.
John 3:16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
1 John 4:8Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

These are just a few verses that talk about God’s love. There are almost 700 verses that talk about love in some format. I daresay that “love” is important to God because “…God is love” found in 1 John 4:8. Over the last two days, I have read several blogs and emails talking about God’s love. It truly is amazing!

Last night at church we did not have our regular bible study. Instead, we had a revival service. You see, the other Sunday we had a guest speaker, Joel Hitchcock. God was moving in such a powerful way that we continued the services through Wednesday. On the next Sunday my husband spoke and God continued to move in such a powerful way. He decided to not have regular bible study but have revival service. Last night was another powerful service. God moved mightily and powerfully.

One lady I talked to had gone up for prayer and the Lord really ministered to her. She sent me an email late last night “…Before I went up tonight, when Pastor was singing I asked God to speak to me tonight. I told God I need to hear from you. I felt God with me tonight Donna.” This is part of my response to her “…God is so good and continues to amaze us every day with His love! … Ain't God good. You said that you wanted to hear from Him last night and you did! … you heard how much God loves you; how much He is with you; how much He cares for you. “

This is just one example of how much God loves us. She needed God to speak to her and He did. He ministered to her in a special way. Because of God’s love for us, He desires to work in our life to help us better become the woman He has created us to be. Now our flesh will fight against it. She had sat in her pew going back and forth whether to go up for prayer or not. She did go up and what a work God did in her! God gently calls us to come to Him and give Him everything, not just some parts of our life. Because of His love for us, He has our best interest in mind. Because of His love for us, He will not do anything to bring us harm. It's all because of His love for us.

Today may you be filled to overflowing with God’s love. May you feel His arms wrap around you and hold you to Himself. May you hear Him say to you “I love you with an everlasting and unfailing love.”

Let’s pray. Father, we thank You that You first loved us. We thank you for your unfailing love. We thank you that You love us so much that You work in our lives to help us better become the woman You created us to be. May each woman reading this feel your love saturate them and fill the room they are in. Thank you Father for your love. In Jesus’ name, amen.

Blessings,


1 comment:

  1. Donna,

    I just wanted to thank you for your comment on my blog today and especially for offering to pray for me. I appreciate that more than you know.

    Blessings,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete