Thursday, July 8, 2010

My Provider

Genesis 22:13-14 (New Living Translation)

13 Then Abraham looked up and saw a ram caught by its horns in a thicket. So he took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering in place of his son. 14 Abraham named the place Yahweh-Yireh (which means “the LORD will provide”). To this day, people still use that name as a proverb: “On the mountain of the LORD it will be provided.”


This morning at work I was talking to a guy who was sharing about his cell phone problems. He said something (I thought) profound “ when I called my provider they said this…”

My ears perked up and that statement got me to thinking about my Provider, God. You see, this guy was calling his cell phone provider to get answers for his phone problem, which he got the answers he needed. We have a Provider that we can go to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 12 months a year, year after year. There is no contract. We have unlimited access to our Provider. You see, the cell phone company, has very limited resources and help. But God has unlimited resources!

If you are having financial problems, go to your Provider.
If you are having questions and need answers, go to your Provider.
If you are having car issues, go to your Provider.
Whatever you need, go to your Provider.

This guy called his cell phone provider expecting to get answers. Questions. Do we go to our Provider? If we do, do we go expecting to get answers? If not, then why do we expect more from everyone, everything else but God?

My air conditioner has been out in my car. Yes, I feel like I melt. My husband has been out of town and will be home tomorrow. Next week he is going to look at it. I am going to go to my Provider asking that He help my husband figure out what is wrong and that it will not be costly to fix.

What about you? What do you need from your Provider today? Let’s go to Him with the expectation of getting answers!

Let’s pray. Father, thank You that You are my Jehovah-Jireh, my Provider. I come to You today with the expectation of receiving answers. I ask that You help Terry figure out what is wrong with my car air conditioner and that it will not be costly at all to fix. I thank You in advance for Your provision! Now I ask that You help those reading this, that You will show Yourself to be their Provider in whatever they have need of. Thank You Father for being our Provider! In Jesus’ Name, Amen.




Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. That's a great message, provider. He definitely is. I'll think about that every time I think of my cell phone service!

    ReplyDelete