Friday, July 9, 2010

Why Didn't You Ask Me?

Yesterday my daughter was packing her clothes to spend a few days with my mom. When I got home from work, she showed me a pair of Bermudas that had a few spots of paint on them. She asked it if would be okay to still wear them, which I replied that it would. She then said she had been worried about them all day. I replied to her that she should have just asked me - one of the many times I talked to her through the day.


As soon as I made that statement to her, I felt quickened by the Spirit. I felt God say the same thing to me – “Why didn’t you just ask Me?”

The scripture came to my mind “Call on Me and I will answer…"

Jeremiah 33:3 (New King James Version)
3 ‘Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.’

I like how The Message says it:
Jeremiah 33:3 (The Message)
2-3"This is God's Message, the God who made earth, made it livable and lasting, known everywhere as God: 'Call to me and I will answer you. I'll tell you marvelous and wondrous things that you could never figure out on your own.'

I thought of times when I run here and there looking for answers, for direction or I worry and become anxious. All along I have Someone I can call on who has everything I will ever need.

What about you? Is God asking you “Why didn’t you ask Me?”

Let’s turn to Him for answers that we need.

Let’s pray. Father, I think you for speaking to my heart yesterday and reminding me that I have You to turn to. You know the things that go through my mind, the questions that I have, the direction that I seek. So I come to You with all this and I ask You for answers, for direction. I thank You in advance for providing for me. Bless those reading this and help them with the questions they have and the direction they need. I thank You and give You all praise, for there is none like You! In Jesus’ Name, Amen.


Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. Oh, thank you! I needed to be reminded of this today....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good reminder for us to bring all of our cares and concerns to the One who has all of the answers! Thanks for this post, Donna!

    Thanks for your comment over @ Life Lessons. It IS neat to think that our spiritual wardrobe is carefully crafted by God and fits each one of us perfectly! God's blessings on you this week!

    ReplyDelete