Monday, May 18, 2009

Opportunities

Recently I read the book “The Stewardship of Life” by Kirk Nowery which was very good. One chapter that really spoke to me was about the stewardship of opportunity. It got me to thinking about my own life and the opportunities that I have had as well as the ones that I have missed. I can’t dwell on opportunities missed, but I can strive to respond better in the future.

I believe that God prepares opportunities for us every day. We have to decide whether or not to take those opportunities. Opportunities could include making a call to someone who comes to your mind or dropping a note, going to lunch with a friend in need, or in church stepping out to do something when you feel impressed to do so. And sometimes obstacles get in the way of taking those opportunities. I’m too tired. I just want to watch TV. I don’t feel like talking. I am afraid to step out and do something different. I want time to myself. And the list could go on. It is important to be so in tuned with the Spirit that we are aware of when God is leading us to a particular opportunity that we recognize and respond to the prompting. And when God places one before us, that we are a good steward of what God has given us - has entrusted to us.

Ephesians 5:16
16making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.

How about you? Have you had any opportunities today? If so, what was your decision? Did you take the opportunity or did you let it pass you by?

Let’s pray.
Father, thank you for the opportunities You set before us every day. Help us to always be a good steward of those opportunities and to have the wisdom to know what to do. Help us to better recognize and respond to the promptings of the Spirit. Help us to be a good steward of the life You have given us. We thank You for loving us and entrusting us with Your Plans and Purposes for our life. In the name of Jesus, Amen.

Blessings,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment