Sunday, May 24, 2009

Peace

Isaiah 26:3 (NKJV)
3 You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You.

My dad had been diagnosed with cancer. Today marks the 10th anniversary of his passing. I still remember that night. He was running a fever so several of us went into his room at my parent’s house to pray. As we began to pray, the room filled with the presence of God and we all began to worship. It was such an awesome time. My mom was deeply ministered to in such a special way, preparing her for the moments ahead. We were back around his bed when he took his last breath. It was so peaceful, not a struggle at all. In fact, my aunt looked at my mom and said that he doesn’t look like he is breathing. My mom replied that he wasn’t. We remained around his bed worshipping our Father in Heaven and the room was still filled with the presence of God overflowing with peace. In fact, there were several family members in the living room and they too felt that peace. That peace continued to stay with us in the days ahead.

You see, I truly believed that God was going to heal my dad. But for whatever reason, it was not to be. In the days after his passing and through the years afterward, I have continued to hold on to that perfect peace. I desperately needed it! Whenever I would think about what my young children would miss by not having their pappy around, I would turn my thoughts to God and keep my mind on Him. I have clung to the verse in Isaiah, sometimes like a life-line. And I can testify that it has worked. God has kept me and keeps me in perfect peace.

I don’t know what you are facing today. It may be a family member is close to death. It may be a child that is giving you a hard time or maybe it is your spouse that is giving you a hard time. It may be the lost of your job. It may be other family problems. I am here to tell you that if you hold on to Isaiah 26:3, if you cling to it, that God will indeed keep you in perfect peace. You have to keep your mind on Him. You can do that by following Philippians 4:8.

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

Let’s pray. Father thank you for that peace that passes all understanding, that perfect peace that I have experienced. I pray now for those that are reading this that need to experience that perfect peace right now. Help them in their situation. Help them to keep their mind on You. Strengthen them and fill them with Your peace. We thank you Father that You are the Peace Speaker in all of our circumstances! In Jesus Name, Amen.

Blessings

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment