Monday, May 11, 2009

Robin Eggs

Recently we discovered a robins’ nest on our front porch with four little blue eggs inside. It was quite amazing to look at! Also on our porch was a rather huge pile of nest making stuff that the mama robin had brought but did not use. This too was amazing to look at. I wondered how that little bird could bring so much stuff from wherever and lay it on the front porch. I wondered if she had stuff left over from the completed nest or if she tried making a nest on the other end of the porch but changed her mind. The completed nest was absolutely perfect, the inside ready to house the little eggs. God, in His creation, created the robin to have the knowhow to make the nest for the eggs.

I am not quite sure how long it has been since we discovered the nest – a few weeks perhaps. Then finally three of the four eggs were hatched! The babies were so adorable and so very, very tiny! I grabbed my camera and as I got closer to the birds to take a picture, their little mouths started opening. I guess they thought I was the mama. They were so precious!

As I was thinking about the baby birds, I was reminded of a scripture in
Luke 12:22-26:
22Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. 23Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. 24Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! 25Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life[b]? 26Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?

There is one in Matthew 10 as well:
29 Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will. 30

I don’t know where you are today. Perhaps you need to be reminded that God loves you and cares for you. And if I have concern for the baby birds that would fly away one day, how much more does God care about us! He knows what is going through your mind, the things that you are facing and the things that are before you. God cares for the birds and provides for them. How much more will He do for you! Be reminded today that God loves you and cares for you! Let Him provide for you, whatever you need today.

No comments:

Post a Comment