Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thankful for Peonies


1 Chronicles 16:34 (NIV)
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.

Psalm 35:18 (NIV)
I will give you thanks in the great assembly; among throngs of people I will praise you.


I love flowers! If I could, I would have a large flower garden with a gardener to take care of it -- of course! Instead, I have four rose bushes, a rose tree and a hydrangea. All six flowers are very special to me. For instance, one rose bush, my first, was bought in remembrance of my dad who passed away. Several flowers were given to me for Mother’s Day. I treasure them all!

For several years, I have wanted a peony. My mother-in-law had several plants. When they moved to Florida she was going to give me some. I don’t remember what happened, but I didn’t get any. My husband has gone out at times to look for them but could never find any. I think peonies are beautiful and have such a wonderful fragrance.

A couple of months ago, I was talking to a lady at work. Somehow her having peonies came up. I shared with her how much I love peonies and have always wanted one. She told me she had several and would be dividing them up in the fall. I was to remind her about them. Immediately I put it on my task for late September. I was so excited!

One day she came by my desk and told me she had a large trash bag of peonies to give me and later brought them to me. I didn't even have to remind her. I know I already said I was excited, but I really was! She gave me an abundance of peony flowers. I was able to give some to my mom and two other ladies plus kept several for myself.

I was overly abundantly blessed! I didn’t just get one peony flower, but I was given several. These peonies will always be special to me just like my other flowers.

I am thankful for my peony flowers and to Marianne who gave them to me.

This is an example of how much God loves us. Not only does He meet our needs, but He also gives us our desires as we delight in Him.

Thank you Father for my peonies and thank you for using Marianne to provide them!

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment