Friday, October 23, 2009

God's Help

Isaiah 41:13 (NIV)
For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.

One night while at church, I was texting my friend Missy. She was in West Virginia with her dad who was in the hospital and not doing well. I walked into a children’s classroom and seen this verse. I immediately sent it to Missy as it fit what she was going through. She was walking through a difficult time. She needed to hear those words which encouraged her.

There have been many times in my life where I have experienced this verse. I desperately needed God to take hold of my hand and assure me that He is helping me, that I do not have anything to fear. This past year I have walked in new paths, experienced things I never thought I would. The unknown that lay before me was overwhelming. I would wonder if I would ever get through it. I would wonder why God was directing my steps in such a way. I thought I cannot do this. And I was right. I can’t do things in myself, only with the help of God.

There is a lady at church who lost her job at the end of June. She has her moments but she is doing so great with everything. Occasionally she will send me an email about what God is doing for her and in turn how she is able to help others. Right now, she is clinging to this verse. She needs God to take hold of her right hand, tell her not to fear, and help her. She is experiencing first hand the peace of God during this difficult time in her life.

How about you? Are you walking through a difficult time? Perhaps it is a new path. Perhaps you are facing the unknown. Perhaps it is a financial issue. Perhaps you have lost your job. Let the words of Isaiah 41:13 saturate your spirit today. Hear the Lord say to you For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. Imagine Him taking your right hand and holding it as He assures you that He will help you through this time, that you have nothing to fear.

Father, we thank You for this promise that you have given us. We thank You for the times You have spoken to us, telling us not to fear. We thank You for Your help. We recognize that we cannot do anything in ourselves. We desperately need You. I pray for all who are going through a difficult time, no matter what it may be. I ask that this verse will saturate their spirits. That they will be comforted that You are helping them. That they will experience Your peace. We thank You Father for Your peace and for Your help. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment