Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thankful for Christian Radio




On my way in to work, I was listening to Christian radio, as I always do. At one point the DJ was praying for something. As I was driving, I thought what a gift Christian radio is to us. It truly encourages and uplifts us.

I was reminded of a children’s song. I cannot remember the name of it, but one part goes like this: Be careful little ears what you hear. Be careful little ears what you hear. For the Father up above is looking down in love. Be careful little ears what you hear. This does not only apply to children. As teenagers and adults we must be careful what things we allow to come in through our ears (and eyes but that’s another story).

We are blessed to have Christian radio available for our listening pleasure. Christian radio is good music for our ears. It is encouraging, uplifting, fun and worshipful. So many times when we are going through a rough patch, a song on the radio is just what we need to hear. Not only is the music great, but the DJs are also uplifting and funny. They are just what we need on our drive to work! What a blessing it is to be able to hear prayers prayed over the radio. What a blessing it is to be able to call in to a station with a prayer request knowing that someone will be praying for your request. What a blessing it is to be able to get free music, if you are the right number caller.

If you do not currently listen to Christian radio, give it a try. There are so many different formats out there – southern gospel or contemporary to name two. And be careful what you allow to come in through your ears!

Father, I thank you for Christian radio and for the blessing it is to me and my family. I lift up all stations across the world and the workers. I ask that You will continue to meet their needs and continue to use them for Your glory to make a difference in the world. In the Name of Jesus, Amen.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment