Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Cry Out

Psalm 34:17 (NIV) The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles.

Psalm 55:17 (NIV) Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress, and he hears my voice.

Psalm 57:2 (NIV) I cry out to God Most High, to God, who fulfills {his purpose} for me.

Psalm 84:2 (NIV) My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the LORD; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.

Jeremiah 33:3 (NIV) 'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.'

My husband’s been out of the country on a mission’s trip to Romania for nine days now. He will be home in two days! When he first arrived in Romania, his phone was not working. Before he left home he had called and set up for his phone to work out of the country. I had to make some calls and finally his phone was working.

At first he was texting me, which was good. But then he was able to call and talk to me and the kids. Oh! How wonderful it was to hear his voice! It was nice texting back and forth. But it was even better to hear his voice. He has been able to call us almost every morning. I would wait anticipating his call.

This got me to thinking about how our Heavenly Father longs to hear our voice call out to Him.

This past Sunday night several ladies went to visit Sister Helen, a lady in our church who is homebound. We had a wonderful visit with her. Sister Helen has physical difficulties and it has affected her speech. Her speech has gotten worse over the last few years and she is hard to understand for the most part. As we were closing out our visit with prayer, Sister Helen was crying out to God. As she was doing so, the thought came to me that although we had a hard time understanding all that she was saying; her Father knew exactly what she was crying out to Him about.

Another example is the cry of your baby. As parents, we learn what the different cries mean for our baby. I can remember being in the sanctuary (the nursery was not too far) and hear a baby cry. I knew immediately if my child was crying or not. I knew the voice of my baby.

Just as I got excited whenever my husband called me, our Heavenly Father gets excited to hear the voices of His children call out to Him.

Have you called out to your Heavenly Father today? He is there ready to hear your voice and ready to move on your behalf. Call out to Him today!

Let’s pray. Father, we love You. We thank You that You are always near to hear our voice cry out to You. We thank you that when we don’t make a bit of sense, You know exactly what we are saying. Thank You for all that You are doing in Romania with the team there. We give You praise! In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

By the way, my husband and the team with him have seen over 50 people raise their hands for salvation. People were ministered to mightily and many people were healed. God did a glorious work these last seven days of ministry. We do give Him all praise!

Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. Hi Donna! Thank you for your encouragement on my blog, and thank you for your prayers. I needed this reminder to cry out to God today. Blessings my friend.....CC

    ReplyDelete