Monday, April 19, 2010

The Lord is...

Psalm 18:1-3,6 (The Message)
1-2 I love you, GOD— you make me strong.
GOD is bedrock under my feet,
the castle in which I live,
my rescuing knight.
My God—the high crag
where I run for dear life,
hiding behind the boulders,
safe in the granite hideout.
3 I sing to GOD, the Praise-Lofty,
and find myself safe and saved.
6 A hostile world! I call to GOD,
I cry to God to help me.
From his palace he hears my call;
my cry brings me right into his presence—
a private audience!


Psalm 18:1-3,6 (Amplified)
1I LOVE You fervently and devotedly, O Lord, my Strength.
2The Lord is my Rock, my Fortress, and my Deliverer;
my God, my keen and firm Strength in Whom I will trust and take refuge, my Shield, and the Horn of my salvation, my High Tower.
3I will call upon the Lord, Who is to be praised;
so shall I be saved from my enemies
6In my distress [when seemingly closed in]
I called upon the Lord and cried to my God;
He heard my voice out of His temple (heavenly dwelling place),
and my cry came before Him, into His [very] ears.


This passage is probably one of my favorites and one I can cling to. I read it again the other day and wanted to share it with all of you. I asked my husband to write something on this Psalm as I know it is one of his favorites as well. Here is what he said.

“One of my Favorite Psalms is Psalm 18. The reason for this fact is found in the opening lines of this great passage of Scripture. We find that David has come to experience and to know God in a very personal way. The words, “The Lord is,” the precursor to each of the descriptions of God. “The Lord is my rock.” The Lord is “my fortress.” The Lord is “my deliverer.” David goes on to say the Lord is my God, my strength, my buckler, the horn of my salvation and my high tower. David knew God personally in every description that he used to describe God’s work in his life.


The background of the psalm is when God delivered him from his enemies and from Saul. Saul sought to kill David time and time again but God was David’s rock, fortress and deliverer. David had learned that no matter what enemy comes his way the God that he serves is sufficient to take care of him.


It is the same for us God is big enough to deliverer, protect and strengthen you. Just put your trust in the Lord, call on the Lord and so shall you be saved from your enemies! Do you know God personally? Can you say the Lord is my...? Some talk about God from what they have learned and others talk of God from what they have experienced. What do you need the Lord to be for you today? No matter what it is He can and will be what you need Him to be.”

Be reminded today that no matter what you are going through, what you are facing, the thoughts racing through your head, the emotions you are feeling, the challenges you are facing that God is right there and He is all you need Him to be.


Let’s pray. Father, we thank You that You are our Rock, our Fortress, our Deliverer, our strength and so much more. We are thankful that we can call on You and we will be saved from our enemies. I pray today for the person reading this blog. No matter what they are going through that they can say with certainty that the Lord is my … Thank you Father for all that You are to us. We love You and praise You for You are worthy to be praised! In Jesus’ name, Amen.


p.s. My husband and I have been in full-time ministry for 19 years. It is so hard to believe it has been that long. I think he is the greatest husband, daddy and pastor!


Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. I love Psalm 18! I love the picture of our knight in shining armor taking us from our humble living into his castle... The Psalms are my favorite!

    I love what you said about "preparing" a feast. We must never forget that we have not been forgotten.

    Thank you for all your prayers.
    love, lisa

    ReplyDelete