Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Get Wisdom










First Day of School!

Today is the first day of school for my kids.  Needless to say, they weren't all that excited about getting up so early this morning.  My husband and I were excited about them going back though.  LOL!  As Proverbs 4:7 says, getting wisdom is the wisest thing you can do.  So they start a new year of getting wisdom in math, science, English, Bible, history and several other courses.  And I pray that as the year goes by, they will continue to develop good judgement. 

Even though I have been out of school for quite some time, I still need to get wisdom.  I face situations where the wisdom of God is greatly needed.  James 1:5 tells us that if we lack wisdom we should ask God for it and we will get it.  Let us not hesitate to ask God for wisdom when we need it.  After all, He gives generously to all without finding fault. 

The Bible is full of verses on wisdom, especially Proverbs.  Take a moment to read through just some of theses verses and you will be encouraged.


Check out more Word Filled Wednesdays at Internet Café.

Blessings,

12 comments:

  1. What a sweet photo and great words of encouragement from the wisest of them all - the Word of God.

    My grandkids started back a few weeks ago. I can't believe how fast the summer went! But that's ok because my FAVORITE season is AUTUMN and it's getting closer! :) Can't wait for Autumn trees in color, leaves falling, art activities and decorations - Thanks for a fun reminder it's getting closer... :) :) :)

    Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww they look pretty happy for not wanting to get up! lol
    happy WFW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for your children to enjoy a blessed school year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the photo of your children. Priceless! I like how you reflect on your own need to learn. No matter how old we get, there are always new lessons waiting for us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How bright eyed and bushy tailed they look! James keeps popping up this week! I LOVE when that happens!! What a blessing it is to grow in wisdom and good judgment...praying "good judgment" over both yours and mine!

    peace and blessings,
    lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great word and full of wisdom!!


    Have a blessed day♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Proverbs is one of my favorite books in the Bible. We can never get enough of His Wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a former teacher and mom, we took a first day of school picture every year - I love this one of your 2! Today was our grandson's first day of first grade; how time does fly! This was a wonderful reflection of our need to look for wisdom from our Father, Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww....what a sweet picture! We never stop learning...

    Thank you for your comment on my blog...I was going to email you, but I don't have your address....

    ReplyDelete
  10. praying your kiddos have a blessed school year- may they grow in the wisdom and knowledge of the Lord!!

    blessings,
    jenifer

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wisdom is truly something we never outgrow! Hope the school year is a blessed one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great picture of them and verse! Definitely need to have wisdom in the Lord! Praying your kids have a great school year!

    Have a blessed day!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete