Thursday, August 12, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

Today is my 21st wedding anniversary. How time has gone by! The picture was taken after the reception before we left the church. 

I met my husband, Terry, at Lee University in Cleveland, TN. We started off as great friends, had classes together, and were in a ministry organization together. After about 2 ½ years we started dating.

We got married the summer before our Senior year. We had one car and worked two jobs while going to school full-time. Later that Fall, we drove to Alabama on the weekends to work in a church.

After graduation we were full-time evangelists for several years before taking our first church. We were at our first church for almost 11 years. We are now at our second church. Out of 21 years of marriage, we have been in full-time ministry for 19 ½ years.

Last year for our 20th anniversary, he took me to Europe. No, not that kind of Europe. Our whole family plus a dear friend went on a missions trip to Romania. We had an awesome time there and seen many people touched and ministered to by God. My husband has been going to Romania several times a year on mission trips. They love him there and I got to meet the people he has talked about so much.

The journey has not been a bed of roses, but I am so thankful to have Terry with me on this journey. He is the best! And he truly spoils me. He said the other Sunday morning while preaching that he first wants to please God, then me, then his family, then the church.

I am one lucky girl to have found such a wonderful guy!

I love you honey very much and I am so thankful to God for bringing you into my life!


Happy 21st Anniversary!



Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. Donna

    I love you more than words can say. I have been blessed beyond what I deserve. I am thankful for the blessing that God gave me when He gave me you. LvU.

    Terry

    ReplyDelete