Monday, August 16, 2010

Moving Forward

Yesterday during our morning worship, we sang Moving Forward. The lyrics are written out below.
The chorus says “I’m not going back I’m moving ahead …”

That got me to thinking about where I am. Am I moving forward? Have I moved back? Am I standing still? Of course I want to always be moving forward. Am I moving forward today? I have a choice today whether I will move forward or whether I will stand still or even whether I will move back.

The chorus goes on to say “Here to declare to you My past is over in You All things are made new…”

Sometimes we get bogged down in our past that we cannot move forward. It doesn’t matter what you did yesterday, how you acted, what you said, what you were involved in. Your past is over in Christ! Declare today that your past is over, it is behind you, and all things are made new. Scripture says that we are a new creature in Christ! Indeed, Christ makes all things new!

Declare with me today that we will follow Christ Forward.


Moving Forward Lyrics - Israel Houghton

What a moment ● You have brought me to ● Such a freedom I have found in You. ● You're the healer ● Who makes all things new ● Yeah yeah

Chorus:
I'm not going back ● I'm moving ahead ● Here to declare to you ● My past is over in You ● All things are made new ● Surrendered my life to Christ ● I'm moving moving forward

You have risen ● With all power in Your hands ● You have given me ● A second chance

Hallelujah hallelujah ● Yeah, yeah, yeah ● yeah, yeah, yeah

Chorus:
I'm not going back ● I'm moving ahead ● Here to declare to you ● My past is over in You ● All things are made new ● Surrendered my life to Christ ● I'm moving moving forward

You make all things new ● Yes ● You make all things new ● And I will follow You ● Forward


Let’s pray. Father, I thank You for speaking to my heart yesterday about always moving forward in You. I choose today to move forward. I thank You Father that our past is over in You and that You make all things new. If anyone is struggling with getting over their past, I pray Father that You will help them be an over comer. If anyone is struggling with moving forward in their relationship with You, I pray that You will help them and be their strength when they are weak. Thank You Father for loving us. We choose today to follow You forward. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.


Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment