Monday, December 13, 2010

Week 2 in Sports

This past week the kids had a total of five games between them. (I had thought there were six, but it was only five.) The boy had three games (two home and one away). The girl had two games both away. On Tuesday night they were at the same school so it was exciting to see both play on the same night at the same place. Since they were playing at the same school, I took off early from work as I do not usually go to the away games. My husband does since all of the away games are a bit of a distance. I go to all the home games.

I am thankful to share that the kids won all of their games last week. Sarah’s JV team is 4-0 and Stephen’s middle school team is 3-1. Both kids played so good last week and I am so proud of them.

On Friday night Sarah was not feeling well and played her best yet! Stephen’s team played a team that was not equal in skill as they had elementary players on the team. Thus Stephen, who is a starter, only played five to seven minutes total or so. His coach played the nonstarters a lot which gave them plenty of playing time. He did this last year when Stephen was not a starter and it gave him more playing time. He was thankful for the opportunity to play.

Both kids’ teams won their games by a large margin. Tuesday night Sarah’s team had 54 points! She said she thought that was a record. The kids on both teams are playing so well. All the parents are very proud of them.

Here are Sarah and Stephen’s stats:

Stephen
1st game – five rebounds, two steals, two points, one foul; 2nd game – five rebounds, two steals, four points, three fouls; third game – four rebounds, one block, two points.

Sarah
1st game – three rebounds, three steals, four points, five jump ball, one block, three fouls; 2nd game – five rebounds, four steals, ten points, five jump ball, three blocks, four fouls.

I am very proud of my kids and I am thankful for the ability God has given them to play basketball. I am thankful that both of them pray for their teams for both practices and games that they will play good and remember the plays. I am truly blessed to have two wonderful gifts!


Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment