Monday, December 6, 2010

Week in Sports

This past week was our first basketball games for the kids. 

The girl plays JV basketball and had two away games.  They won both games!  Yeah!  My husband keeps stats on the games and was at the first game.  He was out of town for the second game and I was at the boy's first basketball game so we do not have anything for the second game.  For her first game she had the following:  four rebounds, six steals, one jump ball and five (yes, five) fouls.  She fouled out.  Her first game of the season and she fouled out.  She is one tough and aggressive player.  She really gets in there with all she has.  Needless to say during basketball season she keeps bruises. 

She tells me that for the second game she had rebounds, steals, jump ball and she had two points and only two fouls.  In the beginning of the game, she stole the ball and was dribbling to her basket when she was pushed out of bounds.  The coach started yelling at her thinking she dribbled out of bounds.  One dad, bless his heart, stood up and yelled to the coach "she was pushed out of bounds!"  The coach took her out of the game shortly after.  When she sat down he asked if she was pushed and she said yes.  Later in the game he told her that she really was a leader on the court.  Yes, that's my baby girl!

The boy had his first game on Friday and they lost.  It was an away game but was still local.  I, not knowing where I was going, left work earlier than I needed to but didn't know how the traffic would be.  It's a good thing I left early because the directions I printed was not very accurate.  I did get to the game on time, thankfully.  The boy played most of the game and did good.  Last year, being a sixth grader, he did not play much at all - even having played basketball for five years with Upward.  I was glad to see that he got a lot of playing time.  He is a great basketball player.  He has good control of the ball, can make pretty lay-ups and can even make three pointers.  Right now, he is playing the bottom because of his height (12 years old and 5'8" or so).  I am not sure if that is the right fit for him or not.  We shall see.  I tried keeping stats for him but was not consistent.  I know he had several rebounds and stole the ball a few times and had two fouls.  On one of the fouls, a dad turned to me and said that's the football player coming out of him.  He is not afraid to get in there either - just like his sister. 

This week the girl has two games and the boy has four games.  That is six games total for this week and there is nothing on Wednesdays.  Oh what fun it is to go to basketball games!  I will tell you all about it next week.

On a side note, the boy got his bottom braces off last week. Between that and the first games, it was a filled week.  Oh!  We also had my ladies Christmas banquet and the church's Christmas banquet.  Lot's of fun!

I pray that you will be blessed this week and filled to overflowing with the goodness of God!


Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment