Friday, June 4, 2010

God's Home is Our Home

Psalm 23:6 (NIV) … and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.


John 14:2-3 (NIV) 2In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

Today we are looking at the last chapter of "Quiet Confidence for a Woman's Heart" by Elizabeth George. This is a study of Psalm 23. I have thoroughly enjoyed this book and have gleamed so much about our Great Shepherd, Jehovah-Rohi.

Let’s see what the final verse has to say.

In this verse, David turns our focus upward to heaven.

The author says “God’s care, and His promise to continue caring for us all the days of our lives on earth can be seen like fireworks – thrilling, exciting and brilliant. But a home in heaven? An eternal home? A place in the house of the LORD forever? Now that’s like looking at the blazing heavens after the flashes of fireworks fade away. God’s promises of a forever home for us is His most dazzling promise of all!”

David is considered a man after God’s own heart and a worshipper. It’s no wonder he would end this psalm talking about eternal worship in the house of the LORD forever.

David’s “passion is for God. His focus is on God. And his gaze is ever upward. … Where is your gaze fixed, friend? And what is your focus producing?”

Not only will we have eternal worship in the house of the LORD, we will have an eternal home. It is a “forever fellowship with Jehovah beyond the grave.”

In this eternal home, there is an eternal presence – God! “We too long to be in God’s eternal presence in the house of the LORD…forever. … Our hearts hunger for the fulfillment of the promise of heaven too. We long to worship the LORD … forever, …”

Let’s join with David “who yearned for his promised home.” Let’s fix our gaze upward as David did.

I long to worship God, to have a lifestyle of worship – in all that I do and say. When we reach our eternal home and be in the eternal presence of God, there will be eternal worship. Join with me in living a lifestyle of worship now, while on earth.

In the closing of the book, the author says the following – and it is my prayer for you as well:

“May you know full well and acknowledge with full confidence ‘the LORD is my Shepherd.’” Amen!



Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment