Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Lord's Strength








I started a series the other week on the various types of strength that we see throughout the Bible.  The first week I talked about Abraham needing strength to believe for the promise.  Last week I experienced vertigo for the first time in my life and was not able to post the second part of strength - strength to lead with Moses and Joshua.  (I hope to do that soon.)  This week I am still recovering from vertigo - thankful that the dizziness is all gone and now I just have a bit of wobbliness.  (Is that a word?) 

Anyways, "strength" is still very much part of my thoughts these days.  We all need it desperately, whether it is physically or spiritually.  I have needed it these past two weeks physically and the Lord is helping me daily.

I want to remind you that no matter what you are facing - be it physically or spiritually - that you can do so in our God!  He has all that you need daily or even minute by minute.  Psalms 71:16 says "I will go in the strength of the Lord God".  When I say that, I am saying that I have made up my mind and am not turning back.  I WILL GO!  It doesn't matter what I will face.  It doesn't matter what I will come against.  For I know that it is not my own strength that is taking me forward, but the strength of my God.

Let's pray.  Father, I thank You for the physical strength that You are helping me.  And I thank You for the spiritual strength that I so desperately need.  I pray for the person reading this that You will bless them today with Your strength to face things or come against things.  Thank You Father for all that You do!  We love You and praise You!  In Jesus' Name, Amen.

For more powerful Word Filled Wednesdays visit the Internet Cafe.






Blessings,

8 comments:

  1. Thanks Donna! What an encouraging word...

    Beautiful~

    ReplyDelete
  2. His strength is so perfect. What a beautiful message!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a strong word and stand in the Lord. You have chosen and will not turn back. You will go in the strength of the Lord.
    Thank you for the encouragement.

    May you experience His strength today.

    Janis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to say, Donna, that I really like the books you are reading. Will have to check out "Quiet Confidence for a Woman's Heart" myself.

    Janis

    ReplyDelete
  5. His strength, not my own...the only way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He truly is our strength.
    This week I was called by a friend who has MS and got an attack of vertigo and was home alone. She lives about 1 mile or less a way so at 10 am I grabbed dressing gown, slippers (and knickers LOL) and hopped in the car and got there ASAP. It was a blessing to be His strength to one who so needed strength and was thanking God.....even though I am not sure of her faith..she was so thankful for God's tender care and strength. Was good and your verse reminded me.

    ReplyDelete