Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to the very best dad in the world - my husband, Terry Swiney! He is one extraordinary man and I am one lucky lady!  I am so grateful that God brought us together and blessed us with two awesome children!  Terry helps the kids with all sorts of things, including working with them on sports and going to all the away games (at least), homework, and so very much more.  But above that, he teaches them by words and actions how to love Jesus and how to live for Jesus.  Both my children are very mature spiritually for their age and have always been.  That doesn't just come from being a Pastor's kid, but by the example they see daily.  I am indeed blessed to have a God-fearing husband and father!

(Isn't great that we can all say that our dad or our husband is the best dad in the world?)

On Saturday, we drove up to Maryland to spend the day with my in-laws.  My mother and father in-law flew to Maryland to stay the weekend with my brother in-law and his wife.  We had a great time together.  The boys went golfing and the girls went shopping.  Afterwards we had dinner at Olive Garden, one of my favorite places.

My husband Terry, his dad, my brother in-law and my son Stephen



My father in-law, Stephen and Terry

On Sunday we had a great day at church and went out for lunch.  My husband does all the cooking so it was a treat for him not to have to cook.  I know girls, I am indeed blessed!  Later that evening we went to an outside Christian concert at a local theme park.  Although it rain a bit, we had a wonderful time!

Sarah, Terry and Stephen

My earthly father is in heaven now and miss him being with us.  He sure did love his children and his grandchildren.  He would have done anything for us.  We didn't always know it when we were growing up, but we did come to appreciate it before he passed away.

And we have a Heavenly Father who is always with us and has promised to never leave us nor forsake us.  My earthly dad is no longer with me and my children have a great dad.  None can compare to our Heavenly Father.  He loves us with an everlasting love.  I am so thankful for my Heavenly Father! 


Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment